Vision: Creating robots that navigate like humans do inspired by the brain.
Cognitive Navigation Lab was founded in 2016. Our research focuses on modelling the neural mechanisms in the brain underlying tasks like 3D navigation and 3D spatial cognition to develop new neuromorphic 3D SLAM and 3D cognitive navigation technologies for space, air, land, sea-based autonomous robots and vehicles.
We are investigating and solving the following challenging problems from the perspective of robotics and computational neuroscience:
- How does the brain represent 3D space?
- How does the brain process 3D navigational information?
- How to model the neural mechanisms in the brain underlying 3D navigation?
- How to build neural network for performing 6DoF path integration?
- How to build novel neuro-inspired models and algorithms for robotic 3D SLAM and 3D navigation?
- How to create robots that navigate like humans do inspired by the brain?